Re: How to create an user "INTERNAL" in Oracle9i ???

From: Bib Endum <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:25:19 -0500

"Lukas Unterasinger" <Lukas.Unterasinger_at_akh-wien.ac.at> a écrit dans le message de news:40575155$0$11742$3b214f66_at_usenet.univie.ac.at...
> Turkbear wrote:
>
> > Lukas Unterasinger <Lukas.Unterasinger_at_akh-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> >

> >>Our problem:
> >>
> >>We are using several programs which are connecting to Oracle-DB(8i)
> >>hardcoded as User "INTERNAL".
> >>We have to upgrade to Oracle.9i (support-by-Oracle) Database and must
> >>use the old programms to fill it. We can not edit the code and compile
> >>it ! So the CONNECT as INTERNAL command must work on new oracle-version.
> >
> But exactly that is the problem !
> Is there any trick/way
> one in this NG knows to create an user called INTERNAL ?
> (it can not be done like creating any other user !
> But may be if at installation .... or using secret flags ... ;-| ???)

It looks from your post that oracle kind of force you to upgrade to 9i. I'm not aware of the reasons why you HAVE to upgrade so rapidly, but a database upgrade/migration is something that MUST be planned.

It is written everywhere for example, that the "connect internal" and "svrmgrl" options are no longer available in 9i. Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 13:25:19 CST