Re: How to create an user "INTERNAL" in Oracle9i ???

From: Lukas Unterasinger <Lukas.Unterasinger_at_akh-wien.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:12:20 +0100

Turkbear wrote:

> Lukas Unterasinger <Lukas.Unterasinger_at_akh-wien.ac.at> wrote:
>

>>Our problem:
>>
>>We are using several programs which are connecting to Oracle-DB(8i)
>>hardcoded as User "INTERNAL".
>>We have to upgrade to Oracle.9i (support-by-Oracle) Database and must
>>use the old programms to fill it. We can not edit the code and compile
>>it ! So the CONNECT as INTERNAL command must work on new oracle-version.
>>
>>Question:
>>Is there any way to create an user "INTERNAL" with privileges like "SYS"
>>in Oracle 9i to use the CONNECT as INTERNAL command ?
>>
>>(we can not use the sqlplus \nolog instead because we can not edit the
>>filling-program)
>>
>>Please give an idea. Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>Lukas Unterasinger
>

> I realise that this is not an answer, but why on earth would any application log in as INTERNAL?!? That should be used only
> for DBA startup and shutdown tasks. Use System for the other instance wide actions..
>
> 9i requires that any login  that needs SYSDBA or SYSOPER privs use the
> connect user/password_at_instance  AS SYSDBA ( or AS SYSOPER) format.
>
> I am not sure 9i will even allow you to cerate a user called INTERNAL and grant DBA privs to it..

But exactly that is the problem !
Is there any trick/way
one in this NG knows to create an user called INTERNAL ? (it can not be done like creating any other user ! But may be if at installation .... or using secret flags ... ;-| ???)

Best Regards,
Lukas Unterasinger Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 13:12:20 CST