Re: Minor, but irritating

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:35:00 -0000

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:40570CC4.28FB2446_at_remove_spam.peasland.com...
> I guess I should add that because the DBCA explicitly sets the
> *_DUMP_DEST parms, it can't be a "default" locations any more. But the
> DBCA does have default values for these parms.
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

I'm more and more lary about using the word 'default' now that dbca is pretty much a complete tool. ISTM that it makes sense to at least create your creation scripts using dbca - does that make a LMT system tablespace the default or not? I think I'd argue that it does. One thing I do like about dbca is that it does specify everything - I think that there is a strong argument even if you are going to use the default value that you should explicitly set it.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA