Re: 10g client on Linux can't connect use Oracle Names Server, tnsnames.ora OK

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:01:40 GMT

In article <405619de$0$3952$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>, "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>to be empty. But in "available", you should see Local naming, NIS External
>naming, Directory Naming, DCE CDS External Naming and Easy Connect Naming.

What method do you suggest for those who aren't LDAP experts nor wish to use OID with its added cost and overhead? I currently use Names Server too. I could go back to using local naming (tnsnames), but it'll be a pain to keep updated on all clients should a server be added or removed. What are you supposed to do if you want the simple connection resolution and centralized management that ONames provided? Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 08:01:40 CST