Re: Remote login on closed database ORA-01031

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:20:57 +1100

Without any output aas to *exactly* what you did, it's a bit hard to answer.

How exactly did you create the password file in the first place?

And how exactly are you attempting to connect as sysdba from your client?

And what exactly is in your sqlnet.ora file on the Windows client?

And if you have an error numbers to report, please include the error message text as well, because we don't all know all 30,000-odd error numbers off the top of our heads.

Regards