Re: MS SQL Server Evaluation

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:58:27 -0000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1079397033.657655_at_yasure...
> Actually it gets just fine in 9.2.0.4 if you actually write decent code.
> Meaning code that traps for commits, etc.

which of course adds to the cost. The line in the letter to the CFO that reads, "of course we will have to pull our developers off the planned development work for the next 6-9 months in order to rewrite applications we already have, if we wish to use this feature" seems to have gone AWOL somewhere along the line.

> Dear Ex-employee:
>
> Played a round of golf last Saturday with a couple of my buddies from
> over at Amazon.com and they said ... we're not having any problems
> perhaps you need to hire better people and get them some training.

Dear Ex-boss:

Good grief people are telling believable stories on the golf course these days - whatever next. Perhaps I better buy shares in Amazon as they clearly run smoothly with no errors/bugs or anything - quite extraordinary.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA