Minor, but irritating

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:39:35 +1100

I'd log a documentation bug, but I (probably) can't.

Page 2-8 of the 10g Database Administrator's Guide.

Apparently, the default name for the PFILE on Unix systems is "init$ORACLE_HOME.ora". I rather thought it had something to do with ORACLE_SID. For Windows systems, apparently the default location is ORACLE_BASE\admin\SID\pfile. I know that's where dbca likes to tuck things away, but I thought the *real* default was still ORACLE_HOME\database. Of course, with no Windows version of 10g to hand, I can't check whether they've really changed the default or not.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Mar 15 2004 - 22:39:35 CST