Re: data exchange techniques

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:13:58 GMT

Henry Bowers wrote:

> Hello ppl,
>
> I'm doing research about data exchange techniques and I'm wondering
> what the negative effects of certain solutions might be. For example
> XML combined with AQ does not seem to have any disadvantages
> (according to oracle). To be honest I'm not trusting the XML approach
> over the good, old db-link technique.
> Are there any statements from the oracle about disadvantages regarding
> to XML/AQ?
> thanks in advance,
> Henry

If your source and your destination are both Oracle databases, then I'd use database links to move the data, unless I had other requirements that dictated a different direction. You could use XML/AQ, but the method will most likely be slower.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com