SGI ==> Solaris cloning - any known issues?

From: Jared <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2004 08:16:07 -0800

Hi all,

I checked on Metalink and didn't see anything, but I thought I would check with the real world as well. I am looking to clone a 100+GB 8.1.7.2 db from Irix 6.5 to Solaris 8. Has anyone done this? Is anyone aware of particular issues to look out for? I have cloned db's (with and without RMAN) many times, but rarely cross-platform as it's usually considered a Bad Idea.

TIA - Kind regards,
jh Received on Mon Mar 15 2004 - 10:16:07 CST