Can an O9.2 client see an O10g DB?

From: Chris Allen <donoteventrytospamme_at_thisaddress.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:09:34 -0800

Greetings all, and thanks for taking a moment to read this.

I've just installed Oracle 10g on a RedHat Linux ES3 box. On that box, everything works fine. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a PC connected to the same network to see the Linux-based 10g database.

If the Windows client for 10g was available I would use that. But it isn't, so I'm trying to get the Windows-based Oracle 9.2 client to see the 10g database. Tried standard config in TNSNAMES.ORA - no luck. The Windows machine can ping the Linux box, and I'm able to Samba from Linux to the Windows file system, so the physical connectivity looks OK.

Anyone had success configuring a Windows Oracle client to see O10g on a non-Windows server? If so, what does your TNSNAMES.ORA look like?

Much appreciated. Received on Sun Mar 14 2004 - 19:09:34 CST