Re: RAC alternatives: do you have suggestions? (HELP!)

From: FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:02:04 GMT

Dusan Bolek wrote:

> FM <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com> wrote in message news:<40516806.2080902_at_mycontinent.com>...
>

>>Hi,
>>after two years working with RAC (on linux) on a critical production
>>system the management decided to dismantle it due to too many downtimes,
>>bugs, crashes, hangs...
>>
>>Lately we experienced too much in a too short time.
>>Now I'm looking for stable and really unbreakable HA alternatives
>>(active-passive clusters?).
>>
>>The selected platforms are:
>>
>>AIX + hacmp + oracle9i
>>SOLARIS + veritas + oracle9i
>>
>>I'm open to alternatives but what I wish more are critics at those two
>>architectures. Which dangers? Have you experienced problems? Every
>>opinion is welcome.
>

> I can compare mentioned options, because just now we're moving from
> one to the other. From our experiences SOLARIS + veritas + oracle9i is
> much more advanced than AIX + hacmp + oracle9i. Especially if we're
> talking about an automation of a whole disaster recovery process.
>
> --
> Dusan Bolek

Is it even more stable?
Did you have problem with AIX + HACMP + oracle9i? Hangs? Crashes? Whatever...

Yes, I'm interested in the disaster recovery topic as well even if, in our environment, we have data replication through the SAN. Do you implement a backup system in a remote site? How?

Thank you for sharing :)

--

Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com