Re: SQL Serious Challenge # 1 - Probably Not Much Fun

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:44:40 GMT

snip

> Oh, I think it would be practically compulsory, wouldn't it?!
>
> Regards
> HJR
>

>>>Regards
>>>HJR I misread it at first and managed to build a table before I left work yesterday that generated a 15X15 grid of random letters, I was trying to figure out a way to mix in the names with this and re-read the OP and realized you specified in ONE column. If the puzzle resides in a table rather than a single column does it count?

Generating the names backwards was fairly simple just using substr, but being the pl/sql rookie that I am it's proving to be a challenge getting them in the grid. It'll be interesting to see the other solutions.

In any case, since my daily activities don't involve a lot of coding, this is a good practice/exersize

cheers Received on Sat Mar 13 2004 - 12:44:40 CST