Re: Oracle continues outsourcing jobs

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2004 23:53:33 -0800

"Bib Endum" <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com> wrote in message news:<Ms%3c.42566$lT6.217483_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
> "Sander Goudswaard" <sander_at_example.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > "Bib Endum" <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com> wrote in
> >
> > > Read this morning in metalink headlines:
> >
> > This has nothing to do with outsourcing, but with the planning of support
> > engineers and working hours. What makes you think that they mean
> > 'outsourcing'?
> >
> > Sander
>
> Under the cover of "better service to our customer" we are handling your
> tech support issue resolution to someone underpaid in another country, and
> you, the customer, do not benefit of a price reduction in maintenance fees.
> But our shareholders get more money.

I wonder how much they have considered: (not my original thought)

"Have you oracle-based app hosted in a country that does not offer any sort of legal recourse for licensing fraud."

want RAC + partitioning + olap on 8 cpus for the cost of hardware + bandwidth?
not a problem. Instead of a $560,000 USD license cost, it will be, say, one tenth of that.

I wonder if the fully enabled products downloadable will soon be a thing of the past?

Pd Received on Sat Mar 13 2004 - 01:53:33 CST