Re: Alert Log Monitoring / Notification

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2004 23:01:27 -0800

"Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<7J74c.22337$BA.14976_at_fed1read03>...
> Burt Peltier wrote:
> > Well, that is a "nice feature".
> >
> > I wonder if Oracle calls to utl_smtp would work?
>
> Define "work".
>
> UTL_SMTP simply delivers the message to the MTA (a.k.a. sendmail);
> where the messages sits until sendmail decides that it is OK to
> deliver it to the client.

this is my biggest problem with *nix users. they think that they _have_ to have a local MTA configured, on their local machine. send SMTP client messages to a mail server that is properly configured, and don't make the network admins maintain a freaking Sendmail server on every host on their network.

Pd Received on Sat Mar 13 2004 - 01:01:27 CST