Re: how to find if a session is resumable

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:02:56 +1100

I'm not sure what Michael was getting at, but dba_resumable clearly shows an entry for a session immediately after it issues the 'alter session resumable' statement, regardless of whether or not that session is doing anything.

True, the values for start time, suspend time and resume time are null unless the session has actually undergone suspension and resumption, but if you just want to know what sessions have requested resumable operations, even if they aren't performing the operations yet, then dba_resumable is reliable.

Checked in 9i and 10g, here's a quick test (the test happens to come from 9i):

SQL> grant dba to scott;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect scott/tiger
Connected.
SQL> alter session enable resumable;

Session altered.

Immediately in another session

SQL> select user_id, session_id, status, timeout from dba_resumable;

   USER_ID SESSION_ID STATUS TIMEOUT ---------- ---------- --------- ----------

        24 7 NORMAL 7200 Regards