Re: SQL Fun Challenge #2

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 22:12:52 -0800

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<40497390$2$31905$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

> > > Not unless they are all 3.3019272488946266838746099524091 years old. ;)
> > >

> > When calcualted with a binary or decimal calculation engine? ;-)
> >

> whatever it was, it definitely was not Exel....

What, no external table solution?

I still think there is no justification for deducing years from a dimensionless 36. Just 'cause they haven't met for 20 years doesn't mean Boris, er, Vlad can't have infants - so there are a number of solutions that could include ages in months or weeks as well as years, which makes any sorted answer suspect. I didn't have my first until I was the same age as my parents when they had me. My brother's age minus my sister's age is the same as my older son's age minus my younger son. My brother drove my mother to the hospital ("Uh, _you're_ Mr. Garry?" "Why, of course."). My siblings have grandchildren. The number from 3 sentences ago subtracted from my age gives the answer to life, the universe and everything. The difference between that answer and the difference between my age and my sisters age is 10 times the age of one of my sons next month. How old am I?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"We need to focus our marketing on criminals because they don't learn