Re: MS SQL Server Evaluation

From: Dave <davidr21_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 21:12:12 -0800

simmons_mark_at_yahoo.com (Mark) wrote in message news:<5366fb41.0403111512.43ee93de_at_posting.google.com>...

Can anyone tell me how you can address scale issues in SQL Server? For instance, in Oracle I would be looking at Partitioning. In SQL Server, would I have to create many tables with a view on top of them to achieve something similiar? Is the SQL Server optimizer smart enough to prune? Is there any concept of parallel query in SQL Server?

I could probably look some of this up...but if someone would like to speak to it, that would be great.

Thanks,
Dave