Re: SMON eating 90% CPU

From: Mark <simmons_mark_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 13:20:39 -0800

Sounds to me like you are in fast recovery mode.

Check the v$fast_start_servers and v$transaction views to see if that's what's going on.

If so, you'll have to wait it out. If I had a nickel for everytime someone asked me if I could stop a rollback... :)

Mark Simmons
Sr. Oracle DBA
Sabre-Holdings, Southlake, TX