Re: Unix/Oracle context switching

From: Bib Endum <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:12:22 -0500

"Neil" <someone_at_microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:40502cbd_at_cpns1.saic.com...
> Question,
>
> Running Oracle 817 on Sun, is the following statement true?
>
> A context switch (ie PL/SQL -> SQL) in Oracle, will result in a context
> switch in Unix.

What do you mean by "context switch" PL/SQL->SQL ? As far as I know, context switch is an operating system concept, not an oracle concept ! Context switching has to do with CPU scheduling of processes, I don't know why you are concerned about that.

Why do you want to know that ? Do you have a performance problem at your site ? Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 13:12:22 CST