Re: SAP BW compared to Essbase/SQLServer/Oracle as a Enterprise Data

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 05:22:32 +1100

"Belinda" <belindacur_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41af5e48.0403110457.6fe3a66b_at_posting.google.com...

> My criticism of SAP is they have never come to grips that the product
> is over engineered and needs a total radical redesign it is never too
> late to accept a mistake and redesign the product than propagate a bad
> design.

What, someone in the IT industry redesign a product to improve its efficiency and performance? NEVER!!!!! Let's just squeeze as much moolah as we can off an old concept with a new skin.

> Firstly, SAP as a serious issue in working with its technology
> partners like Oracle or Microsoft.

If that was the only serious issue...

> Now
> they want customers to seriously consider migrating their SAP database
> platform to Sybase SQL Server.

:))) How ridiculous can this really get?

> have long last the technology & agility battle in the enterprise to

Did they ever have it?

> understand what is in the product most customers do not understand so
> much of the product features itself.

'sOK, what they don't understand can't hurt them (except in the pocket) and looks good in financial reports anyway

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto