REMOVE Folder/file from O/S using UTL_FILE

From: Chuck Lee <pklalee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 08:16:34 -0800

Hi ,

Is the UTL_FILE package also deleting the folder?

I am using following UTL_FILE code, in order to read the text file from the folder c:\TEST.
Should we also remove the folder C:\TEST via UTL_FILE package? If so, could some one suggest what code I use in order to remove the Folder/files from the O/S?

Regards

Chuck Lee

Declare

l_file UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;

l_buffer VARCHAR2(4000);

BEGIN l_file := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('c:\TEST', 'doc1.txt', 'r', 4000);

loop

UTL_FILE.get_line(l_file,l_buffer);

insert into TEST(text) values(l_buffer); end loop;

exception

when no_data_found then

UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(l_file);

end if;