Re: ORA-12154: TNS: servicename

From: Hermann Maier <benutzer_at_beispiel.at>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:56:29 GMT

EMW schrieb:
> thank you, but how do I use it, i've tried : DBQ=MYDB
>
> Dim con As OracleConnection
> con = New OracleConnection("Data Source=Oracle9i;Integrated
> Security=yes;DBQ=MYDB")
>
> But then I get the message it doesn't know DBQ.
>
> How should I use it in my string then?

What I wrote was just an example! You have to look in _your_ tnsnames.ora file what is already written there. If there is nothing, then you have to configure it. Have a look at the documentation...

MYDB = (DESCRIPTION =

            (ADDRESS_LIST =
              (ADDRESS =
                (PROTOCOL = TCP)
                (HOST = myhost.mydomain.org) <--- the host where
                                                  your db resides on
                (PORT = 1521) <--- port the listener listens at
              )
            )
            (CONNECT_DATA =
              (SID = MYDB) <--- SID of your database