Re: Monster Update

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 03:24:06 -0800

It turns out that the SELECT is using the index but the UPDATE is doing a FTS...

So the waits are due to Multiblock I/O on the table blocks...

However this makes no sense because the update only ever updates one row of a 450,000 row table...

I have forced the update to use the index and it runs in less than 1 second.. But due to the Application being a packaged app I cannot change the SQL.

I am concerned about Oracle selecting a Full Scan approach to resolve this SQL....

Matt