Re: Benefits of Keep Pool

From: Mark <simmons_mark_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 12:05:47 -0800

Howard,

I've used the KEEP pool for something just like this. We have a product that requires quick access via indexes for our GUI users, while at the same time there are full table/index scans going on in an optimization process in the background. Since we can't have the optimization flushing the GUI indexes from the pool, we put them in KEEP. We also don't want to put the optimization stuff into the RECYCLE pool because we need it to be cached too.

The whole thing works really well.

Mark Simmons
Sr. Oracle DBA
Sabre-Holdings, Southlake, TX