Converting ISO8859p1 to UTF8.

From: |||Cypher||| <ocotassonATnetcourrierDOTcom>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:49:56 +0100

Hi Oracle Gurus & fellows.

I have to export a Oracle DB (schema I should say) which character set is "we8iso8859p1" into an existing instance encoded in UTF-8.

This generate data inconsistency and, therefore data loss. I did not find a way out so far. Neither did DBAs in my company .

Did some of you come across such a problem ? Is there a way to solve it ? If so, please drop me a hint.

Regards.

--
Olivier
http://e-cologis.com