Oracle 8i: Database Configuration Assistant missing from menu

From: Trish Mitchell <patricia_mitchell_at_agilent.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 01:32:00 -0800

Hi,

I've installed the Oracle Enterprise Manager (with Oracle Tuning, Change Management and Diagnostics Pack Version 2.2) and Oracle 8i client (Release 3 (8.1.7)) on my PC, to help administer my HP-UX 8i database (also Release 3 (8.1.7)).

The installation did not produce any errors or warnings, but I don't seem to have the Database Configuration Assistant in my Programs Menu, and I can't find it in any of the installation disks.

I know how to create database manually, but it would be much easier if I could do it from the OEM or the DBA studio.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a workaround? Am I just being really stupid?

Thanks in advance,
Trish Received on Wed Mar 10 2004 - 03:32:00 CST