Re: Monster Update

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2004 01:09:31 -0800

Bit of a strange one this....

SQLPLUS AUTOTRACE reports that the SELECT does and Index FFS, and the UPDATE does an Index full scan...

But Tkprof reports that the SELECT does an index FFS and the UPDATE does a Full Table Scan....

I was trusting the output from SQLPLUS autotrace....

So it sounds like the update is full scanning the table.

Incidentally, tkprof reports 2 plans, the ROW SOURCE OPERATION, and EXECUTION PLAN.. Which one does it actually use during the query.

Thanks for you time

Matt