is there limit to number of partitions in a table

From: colin_lyse <colin_lyse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2004 16:49:22 -0600

we have a very large table (starting at 1 billion growing by 4 million a day we will keep 2 years - 2 billion rows) that has to be partitioned. Is there a limit ot number of partitions, not necessarily a physical limit, more of a partical limit. We are thinking of creating ~104 partitions (1 per week, 20 million rows), is that execessive.

what if we subpartion each of those by say 4 partition giving us 416 partitions is that execessive will it cause problems for us? Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:49:22 CST