Re: Audit command help

From: Teresa Redmond <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:47:08 GMT

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:23:43 -0800, in comp.databases.oracle.server, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> scribbled:

>Teresa Redmond wrote:
>
>> Hello again, (oracle 8.1.5 on win2kPro)
>>
>> In testing the auditing I set up last week, I've worked up a few more
>> questions. Is it possible to audit objects by who does something to
>> them? I've been reading the Audit Statement in
>> http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/F49540_01/DOC/index.htm and
>> this doc show two audit statements: for object, and for sql
>> statements. For what I want to do, seeing who deletes or updates what
>> and what statement is used (among a few other things), should I use
>> the audit sql statement syntax?
>>
>> As in: "audit delete table, update table, by user1, user2, user3;".
>>
>> Also, I finished putting in the audit statements for the tables last
>> week, but have seen thousands and thousands of results put in sys.aud$
>> and sys.dba_audit_object on the "select" statement, which I did not
>> include in my audit statement. I entered "audit delete, update on
>> schema.table;" for every table in the schema. I'm unsure why I would
>> see results on a "select", but I am trying to learn this so am not
>> surprised that I don't know why. :-)
>>
>> I just ran "noaudit all;" and am trying to clear out the almost
>> 700,000 rows that appeared since last week. Delete from sys.aud$ is
>> *very* slow...
>>
>> Thanks again for your help!
>
>Look up DDL triggers at: http://www.psoug.org/reference/library.html

I had looked here in my research for doing this and wasn't sure if I could use this sort of thing for DML, which is what I want to audit. I'll play around with the code a bit and test it to see what I can do with it. Thanks!

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst III