Re: Alert Log Monitoring / Notification

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:33:13 -0600

I agree about the Email not being reliable for instantaneous notification.

We have an internal paging system that sends text pages to pagers/beepers. This has been more reliable for a quicker response.

But, in our new global environment, the quicker internal paging system is being dropped for standardizing on Email for such things.

The potentially slower response of Email is considered "less important" when compared to the huge pennies we are going to save :)