Data Guard 9ir2 - Data Guard Manager hangs on preparing primary database

From: Tinou Bao <tinou78_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2004 23:59:41 -0800

Hi,

I have a primary database that I have

enabled forced logging
enabled archiving and defined local archiving destination (archivelog mode)

I start the data guard manager wizard....after entering in all required information the wizard kicks off and tells me it's preparing primary database...verifying primary database...

then it just sits there for hours...
in /opt/oracle/oradata/orcl1 (sid of primary is orcl1)

I see that the control files and the redo logs files are being touched (timestamp changes)...

but after hours the wizard is still on the same step. Is it stuck? Or do I need to give it more time?

I was able to actually run through the wizard using a logical standby but then there were some other errors. I prefer to get the physical standby working.

I'm creating the physical standby on the same server. I know this is not recommended, could this be the issue?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks. Received on Tue Mar 09 2004 - 01:59:41 CST