Re: Putting Oracle on iSCSI device....

From: Bib Endum <gd-newsgroups_at_spamex.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:39:02 -0500

"jesse" <jkeller_at_isecorp.com> a écrit dans le message de news:a863ec69.0403081017.1599ff77_at_posting.google.com...

> I'm a good Linux admin and Windows doesn't scare me, but Oracle is new
> to me. Luckily, I won't have to develop with Oracle, just provide it
> a running environment. Our PRO/Intralink rep says it won't work over
> NFS or SAMBA (okay, knew that), but has no experience with iSCSI.

I don't know a lot about iSCSI, but I would not use it. I have a gut feeling that it will be a lot of trouble.

As for oracle administration, you should at least take a basic administation course just to be able to reliably do a backup and restore with oracle and know what you are doing.

PRO/Intralink sure did not chooses the easiest database runtime for their product ! Let's say that oracle is not a very good candidate as far as "embedable" database go. Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 12:39:02 CST