[beginner] application with large sorts

From: Francesco <FrancescoNOSPAM_at_libero.it>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:41:42 GMT

Hi all !
I'm going to write an application that make uses of lots of sorts in its queries. I don't have a deep knowdledge of Oracle Administration but I'm aware that an init parameter (SORT_AREA_SIZE if I remember well) states how much space to reserve for sorts. So I wonder, what if that space won't be enough : the segments reserved will "explode" like rollback segments do,
or Oracle will enlarge it by itself ?
One more question : How do I monitor if this space is going to be exausted ? Thanks a lot
Francesco Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 04:41:42 CST