Re: ORA-08177: Cannot serialize access for this transaction

From: Lusiana Lusiana <lusiana_at_dummybit.nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:26:12 +1100

"Eric Parker" <eric.parkerthedross_at_virgin.net> wrote in message news:ArZ1c.763$sq2.444_at_newsfe2-gui.server.ntli.net... [stuff deleted]

> Lucy
>
> If you repeat the same transaction, do you get the same error ?
> We use to treat 08177s as "Data locked try again later" type errors.
> We would rollback then delay exponentially (with a limit) until it
> completed.
> It certainly seems strange if you only had one connection to the database
at
> that time.
>
> Regards
>
> eric
>

> --
> Remove the dross to contact me directly

Hi Eric,

Yes, I re-tried the same transaction and it kept returning the same error.

I have had other kinds of transactions returning the same error on the production system
where there are other users. Retrying these transaction solved the problem. But not this particular transaction.
So, I'm baffled by this.

Cheers,
Lucy Received on Sun Mar 07 2004 - 16:26:12 CST