Re: System I/O and Disk I/O

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:28:00 -0800

Hello penghd,

  As one of the posters mentioned you need to find out if you really I/O bound or not.

  Statspack report would help to identify on what database is waiting for. You can use individual UNIX utilities (sar, vmstat,top etc) or smitty "Resource Status & Monitors" to correspond database and OS performance information.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com