Re: need help on statspack report, Parse CPU to Parse Elapsd %

From: Joe <yung103_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:42:05 +0800

Thanks a lots for the information of DV and DJ. It is the Oracle eBusiness Suite, and Oracle not recommend us to make changes to the whole system.
And in fact we don't have enough manpower to change that. So I can only do at the database level, before I seriously consider to upgrade to a later version for performance improvement, if any........

Something maynot be shown in the statspack report is there is a very high CPU utilization of Oracle.
After searching metalink, it is find that the latch free wait will consume CPU, I suspect this is one of the reasons of high CPU utilization. And SPIN_COUNT parameter in init.ora may help to improve the situation a bit. However SPIN_COUNT is an undocmented parameter, I can't find much information about it, not even know how to get the current value of it (I can't find it in the v$system_paramter table).

Any advise for me to reduce the enqueue wait and latch free wait. These 2 numbers are making me uncomfortable.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lots.

Best Regards,
Joe

"VC" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:5Vr2c.129345$4o.167986_at_attbi_s52 ¤¤ ¼¶¼g...