Re: Question on JDBC connection

From: Harald Maier <harald_at_maierh.de>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:52:24 +0100

Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com> writes:

> Makefile (.cpp, .pc) ---> Oracle Client 9i on ---> Oracle 9i database
> (Use its libraries, running on UNIX) (on Linux)
>
> Table is on Linux server and .pc file requires those for compilation.
>
> 2. Do I require to set up the tnsnames.ora file under /network/admin/
> ? I use this for Windows client, but never try this client tool on
> UNIX server.

Yes, if you want to connet to the server then you have to setup the tnsnames.ora file as under Windows.

> 3. Do I have to include anything in the Makefile beside this Oracle
> path 'export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0'
> This path will point to the library files on Oracle Client, but what
> about the database path, include that in Makefile??

As far as I can see you will connect via the Oracle*Net protocol, so it's not necessary to specifiy an additional database path. For accessing the database tables it's enough if you specifiy the service name that you have before defined in the tnsnames.ora file.

Proc allows you too to precompile the files without accessing the database. But personally, I don't like this.

Harald Received on Sat Mar 06 2004 - 12:52:24 CST