PL/SQL: How release row lock w/o COMMIT?

From: Tobias Besch <me_at_privacy.net>
Date: 6 Mar 2004 17:14:03 GMT

Is it possible in PL/SQL to lock a row and release the lock without doing a COMMIT?

My problem is the following:

I have a stored procedure proc1.
proc1 executes a SELECT and an UPDATE.
The affected row should be locked during the execution of proc1. The lock should be released when proc1 finished.

When I call proc1 from within a larger transaction, I do not want that proc1 closes the transaction by doing a COMMIT.

Example:

    Begin a large transaction.

    Call proc1 from somewhere inside this transaction.     Continue the transaction.

    End the transaction with a COMMIT.

Kindest Regards,

    Tobias Received on Sat Mar 06 2004 - 11:14:03 CST