Question on JDBC connection

From: Ursula Lee <ursula.lee_at_thales-is.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 14:59:43 +0800

Hi all,

I have installed Oracle 9i database on Linux server and Oracle 9i Client   on HP-UX 11 server. And I need to compile some .cpp and .pc files on the UNIX environment. Questions are:

  1. Basically, the .pc and .cpp and the makefile are located on the UNIX server as the Oracle client tool. That means the compilation will take place on the same UNIX platform. The makefile has this Oracle path set up as export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0

Question: How can I set up the JDBC configuration, so that the compilation can detect the database table on Linux server?

To summarize, here is the flow:

Makefile (.cpp, .pc) ---> Oracle Client 9i on ---> Oracle 9i database

                (Use its libraries, running on UNIX) (on Linux)

Table is on Linux server and .pc file requires those for compilation.

2. Do I require to set up the tnsnames.ora file under /network/admin/ ? I use this for Windows client, but never try this client tool on UNIX server.

3. Do I have to include anything in the Makefile beside this Oracle path 'export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0' This path will point to the library files on Oracle Client, but what about the database path, include that in Makefile??

Regards,
Ursula

Regards,
Ursula Received on Fri Mar 05 2004 - 00:59:43 CST