Re: DBMS_SUPPORT

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:49:01 +0000

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:22:49 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>I have a note that someone made reference to a built-in package by
>the name DBMS_SUPPORT.
>
>I can find not reference to it in either my 9i or 10g databases
>or at \rdmbs\admin or at tahiti.oracle.com.
>
>Can anyone stick a fork in this one?

 $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmssupp.sql

Rem NAME
Rem dbmssupp.sql - Specification of the DBMS_SUPPORT package Rem
Rem DESCRIPTION

Rem      The aim of these procedures is to expose useful functionality while
Rem      keeping a simple user interface for selected operations only.
Rem
Rem NOTES
Rem      This package should only be installed when requested by Oracle
Rem      Support. It is not documented in the server documentation.
Rem      It is to be used only as directed by Oracle Support.

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>