Migrate from solaris 2.8 to solaris 2.9

From: rjp <rjp.l_at_laposte.net>
Date: 4 Mar 2004 08:28:34 -0800

Hi,

I plan to upgrade my os from solaris 2.8 to 2.9. I will reinstall Oracle binaries but does I need to migrate the databases ?
Could I only cold backup the database and restore it after the os and Oracle binaries migration ?
Does the datafile generated on solaris 2.8 coud work without any modification on solaris 2.9 ?

FYIA
rjp Received on Thu Mar 04 2004 - 10:28:34 CST