Re: SQL Fun Challenge #2

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:58:08 +1100

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:40472088$0$22391$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...

> well you did ask. 9204 on windows.

Indeed! Seriously: as more and more SQL gets written with these complex composite statements a-la DB2, what do you reckon the chances are of anyone even considering pouring through full traces? Other than the few who can dwell into this complexity?

I'm all for the 10g tuning tools, if they prove to work well. Otherwise it's gonna be pandemonium to tune SQL (or even indeed figure out what's ticking!). We'll definitely need a different approach than the good old trace file, I reckon.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto