Re: Oracle On Compaq Server

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2004 14:45:05 -0800

Yes, that's what I meant. Have you not run into a situation where you needed to hint? What do you do to analyze? (contact me at http://www.garry.to if you want to continue this offline, I'm very interested in your experiences.)

> .
> >
> > So what does Oracle do? Makes you run more than one machine and calls
> > it a feature!
> >

> I don't get this one. I really have 2 boxes in a cluster with counted users
> license. One machine goes down? I restart the db on the other one and users
> just reconnect. No need for parallel server/RAC. Less than one minute of
> downtime and it rocks !
> But you don't need more than one machine to get Oracle running...

I was referring to the Windows comments referenced in the > . , as with the 10g grid stuff that Oracle is pushing.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040303/news_1b3wcom.html