Re: In Rman, how do you backup archivelogs not backed up?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:09:32 GMT

Just issue BACKUP ARCHIVELOG. If the archived log has not been backed up, it will be. If the archive log has not been backed up and is missing, you will get an error. If the archived log has been backed up, RMAN will not back it up again.

HTH,
Brian

Joe Sath wrote:

> Guy, in RMAN, how do you make sure all the archived logs are backed up, no missing, no duplicated.
>
> I tried
>
> RMAN> backup archivelog not backed up;
>
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
> RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
> RMAN-01005: syntax error: found "not": expecting one of: "all, from, high, like, low, scn, sequence, time, until"
> RMAN-01007: at line 1 column 19 file: standard input
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent by joebayerii from hotmail piece from com
> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"