Re: Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:35:41 +0000

In message <2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g_at_ptd.net>, E Sullivan <ellie999nospam_at_nospamptd.net> writes
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle?
>Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no
>stored procedures?
>
>thanks,
>
>Ellie

You can't import directly. The best approach is probably to use Oracle's Migration Workbench. It will convert all the data types, create the tables in oracle and copy the data from sql server to oracle.

You won't be able to transfer or use the stored procedures as oracle and sqlserver use completely different languages.

--
Jim Smith
Because of their persistent net abuse, I ignore mail from