Re: database open hangs

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:09:04 GMT

Another hint :

Did you do a shutdown abort while an enormous transaction was going on ? That might explain the hang, though it can't explain it hanging for more than a few minutes.

Try to check how much CPU and I/O The Oracle processes, especially SMON, consume ("top" and "sar" can help you). If they work heavily, Oracle is probably recovering.