Re: database open hangs

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:26:58 GMT

I've had this a couple of times ... in my case databases startup triggers were the problem ...
If you can logon with a non-sysdba user without getting 'database startup or shutdown in progress' than it's most probably a database startup trigger ... set _system_trig_enable=false - try again - and look into all your database startup triggers...