Re: Oracle Recovery

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:52:24 GMT

> If you opened the database with RESETLOGS, then your current database is
> a different incarnation and the old backups from the previous
> incarnation cannot be used.

-> that seems to be the general opinion - however Lawrence To & Stefan Pommerenk
have written a whitepaper some time ago called 'Recovery past resetlogs in Oracle7 & Oracle8'
which shows it's possible to recover past a resetlogs using RMAN and old-skool recovery techniques...

I have not tested it on 9i tho ...