RMAN internal`s mechanism

From: Ofer Razon <orazon_at_dbnet.co.il>
Date: 3 Mar 2004 02:30:06 -0800

Hi all.

As far as I know, RMAN is capable to backup only the blocks that changed since it`s last backup.
I`m really interested in the mechanism used by RMAN to detect these blocks when it runs.
Does anyone here know how is it implemented?

My goal is to use the same mechanism to find which blocks were changed since the last check.

Ofer. Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 04:30:06 CST