Re: Release dates for 10g (again ) AS and DB

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2004 00:00:59 -0800

"Telemachus" <Zaka_at_twibbles.99.net> wrote in message news:<IKZ0c.5235$rb.63724_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> Since the initial 10g AS release there hasn't been much movement on the
> Windows version . Anyone got any idea on dates ? I have several clients who
> are Win2x as strategic platform and want to get out of 902 hell. No 'Move
> to Linux' if you please.
>

> Also, anyone any ideas on 10g DB instant client or server on Win2x ? they
> seem to be doing all they can on the unix/linux first
>
> Oh, and lastly anyone know if 10g DB will come out on Solaris 32-bit ?
>

> Prob. all been asked here before though :)

> they seem to be doing all they can on the unix/linux first

check the terms "development platform" vs. "port".

<gross_oversimplification>
I would think that the win32 group knows its their turn (to start porting) when they look at the mrtg graphs of sessions downloading the Solaris and HP-UX versions of the new release from otn. </gross_oversimplification>

> Also, anyone any ideas on 10g DB instant client or server on Win2x?

some time after March Madness has ended, hopefully.

Pd Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 02:00:59 CST